Final Fantasy VII is an action-adventure rpg developed and produced by Squaresoft (now Square Enix) for the Sony Playstation. Save the planet from a rogue SOLDIER bent on destroying all life in order to achieve his own selfish gains. Join Cloud Strife and the rest of the party in a journey of a lifetime in a game that seemed to have reached Hall of Fame status to millions of fans around the world.
Top Cheats and Guides
Submitted on October 08 2010
Submitted on October 08 2010
Submitted on November 30 2010
Submitted on January 07 2011
Final Fantasy VII - Codes, Glitches and Unlockables
- Easy Chocobo Races: During chocobo racing mini-game, hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 to increase your chocobo's speed. Hold R1 + R2 to recover your chocobo's stamina.
- Huge Materia: Enter Circle, Square, X, X while in the rocket.
Tougher Enemies for Fast Leveling and AP
This glitch is exploitable after passing through Junion the first time and returning via the ship after completing the episode at Gold Saucer. Board the ship at Costa del Sol. Go to Junion and head away from the dock that the ship is at. Follow the main road to the tunnel that divides the city in two. In the tunnel there should be a number of Shinra soldiers drilling. On the left wall, there is a red box. Go up to it and press the action button. You should hear a siren going off. Walk arround and you will get into random encounters with enemies that aren't supposed to be encountered until Junion is attacked by Weapon on disc 2. You will probably need to use summons and magic contiuously during your first few battles to defeat the enemies. Don't forget to save money on potions, ethers, and pheonix downs by using the Junion Inn, which is also a good place to save.
Getting the Quadra Magic without a Chocobo
There is a way to get the materia "Quadra Magic" without having to breed a River Chocobo. You'll need the Highwind. Fly it to the most southwestern tip of land on the map and you'll notice a cave. Follow this back (Mideel way) until you get to a slightly upraised piece of land. Go as far as you can to the edge of the cliff. Face the Highwind south. Press the land button and quickly but lightly press R1. The Highwind should land half on the cliff and half off. You can now walk up to the cave and get the Quadra Magic.
You have to have the W-Item Materia for this to work. Equip it, and select the first item and use it. Then select your second item, do not use it, just place the cursor on someone. Then Press the cancel button, select the item again and press cancel. Keep repeating this and the first item you used will keep increasing by one.
When you enter a random battle, and you find yourself attacked from behind, hold down R1+L1 to run from the battle, then let go and you are facing the enemies.
Ancient Forest Revival
After you gain acess to the Ancient Forest, there is a way to revive your characters without using a Phoenix Down. If you have a dead character, walk into one of the "fly traps" and make it swallow you. When it spits you back out, your dead character will be revived.
Extra Elemental Materia
An extra Elemental Materia can be found in Tifa and Cloud's hometown at only one point in the game. There is a point where Cloud has been lost and Tifa is leading the party. Before you search for Cloud, return to Tifa's house in Nibelheim and go upstairs. Activate the piano and Tifa will say something like, "Cloud played here" and you will get the extra Elemental
Getting Master Materias
To get the 3 Master Materias, beat Emerald Weapon and you will get the Earth Harp and go to Kalm and give it to a Kalm Trader who will give you these 3 materias.
- Master Command: Beat Emerald Weapon, give the Earth Harp to the Kalm Trader
- Master Magic: Beat Emerald Weapon, give the Earth Harp to the Kalm Trader
- Master Summon: Beat Emerald Weapon, give the Earth Harp to the Kalm Trader
Turtle Paradise Prizes
There are six posters placed up across the game. When you get all six and give them to the Turtle Paradise Restuaraunt in Wutai.
- Turtle Paradise Poster 1: Sector 5 Slums, on the Wall Upstairs in house, east side of town
- Turtle Paradise Poster 2: On a Bulletin Board of the lobby of Shinra HQ
- Turtle Paradise Poster 3: On the wall next to the item shop in the Ghost Hotel at Gold Saucer
- Turtle Paradise Poster 4: Attached to the wall at the Tiger Lily Arms Shop In Cosmo Canyon.
- Turtle Paradise Poster 5: On the Wall next to the Inn Keepers Desk
- Turtle Paradise Poster 6: In Yuffies Basement next to Turtles Paradise-check the banner on the wall outsdie the trap room
Alternative way to get Master Materias
To master either the Master Magic (green), Master Summon (red), or Master Command (yellow) materias, master all the materias of that type and talk to the Huge materias of the respective color at the Cosmo Canyon observatory. You can have any number of Master materias this way.
- Master Command: master all yellow materias
- Master Magic: master all green materias
- Master Summon: master all red materias
Gold Chocobo Without Breeding
- Gold Chocobo: Beat Ruby Weapon and Take Desert Rose to the old man in Kalm
Tags: cheats, codes, glitches, unlockables, hints, action-adventure, rpg, single player, square enix, fantasy, final fantasy, cloud strife, sephiroth